Vastu for Flats
The fundamental rules while evaluating flats are the same as those which come into play while evaluating independent houses. As people wanting to buy apartments have no control over the factors governing the selection of land for the apartments, use some of the guidelines like
- Your apartment should be regular in shape. Square and rectangular shapes are good. L or C-shaped apartments should be avoided.
- There should be no obstruction to the main entrance of the apartment.
- Surroundings of the apartment should be aesthetically pleasing. Healthy looking plants and trees, lush green lawns
andbrightly colouredﬂower beds beneﬁt all the residents of the complex.
- The elevators, staircases and corridors should be well lit and generous in size. Narrow, gloomy and badly lit corridors and stairs have negative effect.
- Stairs, elevators should not directly face the main entrance of the apartment.
- The main entrance should not be in the south of south-west, west of south-west, east of south-east or north of north-west.
- Staircases for all apartments and ﬂats should be in south-west, south or west. As an alternative, staircases can be in the north-west or south-west. Avoid stairs in north-east, east and north. This is applicable even for internal stairs in duplex apartments.
- Flats with main entrance in the north of north- east, east of north-east, south of south—east and west of north-west are auspicious. As a rule, avoid ﬂats with main door in south or west of south-west and east of south-east.